Glenview Blotter: Smashed Mailboxes and Halloween Hijynx
Police reports mention seven instances of property damage between Nov. 3 and 4.
The following reports were provided by the Glenview Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Someone Forgot Halloween is Over
According to police reports, the following incidents occured between Nov. 3 and 4.
- A resident on the 2300 block of Sussex Ln. reported someone knocked their mailbox off its wooden post.
- Someone damaged a sink and toilet paper dispenser in a bathroom at Johns Park.
- A resident on the 4000 block of Crestwood Ln. reported someone damaged their wooden mailbox post.
- A resident on the 4100 block of Crestwood Ln. reported someone damaged an outdoor lamp post at their residence.
- A resident on the 2500 block of Indian Ridge Rd. reported someone damaged their wooden mailbox post.
- A resident on the 3200 block of West Lake Ave. reported someone threw food at their front door.
- A resident on the 2300 block of Sussex Ln. reported someone damaged their wooden mailbox post.
The Fast and Furious Delivery Service
On Oct. 29, the owner of a business on the 3200 block of Glenview Rd. reported they were battered by a delivery driver who was delivering goods to a business next door, according to police. The two initially got into a dispute about where the driver parked his truck, police said.
On Oct. 29, a resident on the 1800 block of Culver Ln. reported someone burglarized their home, according to police. Entry was made by forcing open a ground floor window. Taken were jewelry and electronic items worth about $21,000, police said.
Like Stealing Candy from a Story
On Oct. 31, employees of business on the 3200 block of Glenview Rd. reported two males came into the store and tried to confuse staff, according to police. Eventually one of the males grabbed four candy bars from a rack and put them in his pocket, but denied taking anything and left in a vehicle, police said. Reported loss is $8.00.
On Oct. 31, a resident on the 400 block of 4th St. reported they found a threatening letter left on their porch by a neighbor, according to police. The letter was in regards to an ongoing dispute, police said.