The Village of Glenview has released the following Halloween tips.
To keep Glenview’s smallest ghouls and ghosts safe this Halloween, the Village has set trick-or-treating hours from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31. To make sure your kids are safe as they haunt the neighborhood, keep these tips in mind:
- Accompany your children (or send an older sibling) and make sure they don’t enter
anyone’s home without your permission.
- Use makeup instead of a mask, so your child’s view is not obstructed.
- Make a trick-or-treat route map for your children.
- Make sure kids cross only at corners — and look in all directions first. Remind them to use
sidewalks or walk facing traffic so approaching cars can be seen.
- Caution them against crossing the street between parked cars, where drivers can’t see them.
- Warn children not to eat any goodies until you’ve had a chance to inspect them. When in doubt, throw it out.