Why order a hot dog when you can have a fowler? From movie-inspired sandwiches to Chili Bombs at an Evanston hot dog shop. North Shore Foodie Finds has trekked to some interesting eateries in search of the strange and delicious.
We want to know, what are some of your favorite food or drinks you tried in 2012? Tell us in the comment section below.
To get your brains churning and possibly your bellies rumbling, here’s a look at what North Shore Foodie Finds devoured in 2012:
- Isaac and Moishe's Green Drink a Salad in a Glass
- Thank Eileen for the 10 Egg White Omelet at Georgie V's
- South of the Border Flavors at El Mexican Restaurant
- Philly Cheesesteak Soup: Local Favorite or Strange Pairing?
- Oxtail Hash, Eggs and Sriracha Hollandaise at Wilmette's Fuel Breakfast
- Who's Hungry for a 7-Pound Sandwich?
- The Wall of Weird Sandwiches at Little Louie's
- Lake Forest Left Bank is Top Dog
- 'Chili Bombs' At Wiener and Still Champion
- Winnetka Store Takes Hot Dogs to the Next Level
- Maple. Bacon. Donut. Need We Say More?
- Café Fleurette’s Croissant is a Must Try
- Bobby’s Deerfield Review: Saving the Best for Last
- Lake Forest Cupcake Flights are First Class
- Trax 8-Layer Cake Offers Chocolate Fix