Woman Leaves Cigarette in Bedroom, Starts House Fire
The Glenview Fire Department responded to a house fire at 608 Glenwood Tuesday night. No injuries were reported.
A cigarette left unattended in a Glenview home caused a moderate fire Tuesday night, according to fire officials.
The Glenview Fire Department responded to the call from 608 Glenwood around 6:15 p.m. and found light smoke coming from the second floor, the fire report explained. Crews were able to contain the flames to the upstairs bedroom where the fire initially started.
The home’s occupant told fire crews she had left a cigarette in the bedroom that she suspects fell into a garbage can.
Estimated damage and loss are still undetermined, officials said in their report.