What you need:
- 1/2 lb pancetta ( diced)
- 1 pkg spring mix
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled&diced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup good olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss together the spring mix, apple, walnuts, cranberries, and blue cheese.
For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, mustard, agave, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.Place diced pancetta in a oven safe pan, roast for about 15 minutes or until crispy and browned. Allow pancetta to cool,add pancetta to salad, toss with enough dressing to moisten. Salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Serve immediately.