Invite a friend
Art in the Library: Tropical Breezes, Lake Memories
Glenview artist and illustrator, David Westerfield, will whisk you away from the depths of the Chicago winter to warm tropical vistas and welcoming Midwestern scenes. Visit Michigan, Hawaii, and some of David’s other favorite places in an exhibit that will envelop you with its warm, inviting tones, and help you forget the chill of the season. Westerfield is also an illustrator of children’s books, which will be exhibited in a lobby display case.
More About Glenview Public Library
The Glenview Public library was founded by a group of visionaries during the midst of the Great Depression. The Library has expanded its roots in the same corner of downtown Glenview since 1930, from the original home in the Village Hall to the permanent facility in 1955. A new 85,000 square foot state-of-the art facility was launched in October 2010. It offers various programs each week and provides community members of all ages with learning and growing opportunities. The Glenview Public Library's mission is to educate, inspire, enrich and entertain.
Other events here
- One-to-One Financial Planning Today, May 21, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- MyMediaMall in the Library Lobby Today, May 21, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Thoroughly Modern Millie: A Sneak Peak Today, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Art in the Library: Batik! Studies in Silk Daily,
- YMCA Preschool Art Classes (ages 3-5 with an adult) Tomorrow, May 22, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- BookIT! Nonfiction Book Group Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- HONORING EARTH DAY: Save the Frogs Day Mon, May 27, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Intermediate WORD 2007 Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- New! Resume Formatting & Tips Thu, May 30, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Rock & Tot (ages 3-4) Fri, May 31, 10:00 am–11:45 am