Invite a friend
Dandelions for Dinner: A Modern Greek Epic
What happens to a family when the world around it crumbles? Who survives when the strong and powerful are killed? Why does America matter? Where did Greece’s current economic crisis begin? Recent winner of the prestigious Rising Star Award, Dandelions for Dinner, is set in the majestic Ionian coastal town of Gargaliani, Greece and captures a family’s saga through years of political upheaval. This uplifting story of survival is told through the eyes of author Sam P. Stamatis and his son, Peter S. Stamatis, both Glenview residents. Savor the flavors of Greece with this compelling journey and a complimentary slice of baklava. Book sale and signing.
Please register at glenviewpl.org/registration.htm, call 847-729-7500, ext. 7600, or visit the Reader Services Desk.
|Where||Glenview Public Library 1930 Glenview Rd, Glenview, IL 60025|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Glenview Public Library
The Glenview Public library was founded by a group of visionaries during the midst of the Great Depression. The Library has expanded its roots in the same corner of downtown Glenview since 1930, from the original home in the Village Hall to the permanent facility in 1955. A new 85,000 square foot state-of-the art facility was launched in October 2010. It offers various programs each week and provides community members of all ages with learning and growing opportunities. The Glenview Public Library's mission is to educate, inspire, enrich and entertain.
Other events here
- YMCA Preschool Art Classes (ages 3-5 with an adult) Today, May 22, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- BookIT! Nonfiction Book Group Today, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Art in the Library: Batik! Studies in Silk Daily,
- HONORING EARTH DAY: Save the Frogs Day Mon, May 27, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Intermediate WORD 2007 Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- New! Resume Formatting & Tips Thu, May 30, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Rock & Tot (ages 3-4) Fri, May 31, 10:00 am–11:45 am
- I’m From Division Street, A Chicago Story Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Glenview Public Library To Host Author Kenneth N. Green, Speaking On I’m From Division Street, On June 4 Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Geography Comes to Life Sat, Jun 8, 10:00 am–2:00 pm