Invite a friend
Summer Reading Program and Kick-Off Festival
The annual Summer Reading Program (June 9—July 29) is just around the corner. This year’s theme is “Summer Is SO Delicious.” Mark your calendar for the Kick-Off Festival --the perfect recipe to get you started on some deliciously fun summer reading activities. Register for an Adult, Teen, or Kids Summer Reading Club—served up just for you. Join in nostalgic hula-hoop twirling excitement by “HoopLove” (10 AM-2 PM). Delight in a sweet treat at the refreshment table. Kids can also drop by the Youth Program Room for more fabulous food fun with the “Organic Pantry Project” (11:30 AM-3:30 PM). Adults registering at the Kick-Off Festival will automatically be entered in a raffle to win two free Ravinia Lawn passes or a Ravinia gift basket. Let us whet your appetite for some tasty reading, choice prizes, and appetizing activities for all ages. If you can’t make the Kick-Off Festival register for Summer Reading at the Service Desks through July 29. The more you read, the greater your chances are to win great prizes.
More About Glenview Public Library
The Glenview Public library was founded by a group of visionaries during the midst of the Great Depression. The Library has expanded its roots in the same corner of downtown Glenview since 1930, from the original home in the Village Hall to the permanent facility in 1955. A new 85,000 square foot state-of-the art facility was launched in October 2010. It offers various programs each week and provides community members of all ages with learning and growing opportunities. The Glenview Public Library's mission is to educate, inspire, enrich and entertain.
Other events here
- MyMediaMall in the Library Lobby Today, May 21, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Thoroughly Modern Millie: A Sneak Peak Today, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Art in the Library: Batik! Studies in Silk Daily,
- YMCA Preschool Art Classes (ages 3-5 with an adult) Tomorrow, May 22, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- BookIT! Nonfiction Book Group Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- HONORING EARTH DAY: Save the Frogs Day Mon, May 27, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Intermediate WORD 2007 Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- New! Resume Formatting & Tips Thu, May 30, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Rock & Tot (ages 3-4) Fri, May 31, 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Glenview Public Library To Host Author Kenneth N. Green, Speaking On I’m From Division Street, On June 4 Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm