While no tainted fuel was sold Glenview, gas stations in and around the Village were among those that sold bad BP gasoline before it was recalled last week, the company announced Aug. 28.
Nearby affected gas stations include:
- BP Gas Station, 1998 Willow Rd., Northbrook
- BP Gas Station, 2401 Sanders Rd., Northbrook
- BP Gas Station, 4095 Dundee Rd., Northbrook
- BP Gas Station, 5035 Touhy Ave., Skokie
- BP Gas Station, 3750 Touhy Ave., Skokie
- BP Gas Station, 3301 Dempster St., Skokie
- BP Gas Station, 5001 Old Orchard Rd., Skokie
- BP Gas Station, 840 Skokie Blvd., Wilmette
- BP Gas Station, 901 Green Bay Rd., Wilmette
- BP at 1220 W. Touhy Ave., Park Ridge
- Thornton's at 1118 W. Touhy Ave., Park Ridge
- BP at 8801 N. Waukegan Road, Morton Grove
- BP at 5601 W. Dempster, Morton Grove
- BP at 7662 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles
To search for additional affected stations in Illinois, click here and enter a municipality's name or ZIP code in the search box.
Customers at the affected stations may or may not have purchased the bad fuel. The stations stopped selling the fuel, cleaned their tanks and disposed of the material as soon as the problem was identified, according to a notice on BP’s website.
The company advises customers whose cars “experience hard starting, rough idling, stalling, or other drivability issues” to have their vehicles towed to a repair shop and to file a claim by calling 1-800-333-3991 or 1-800-599-9040. Consumers are instructed to save sales receipts, credit/debit card records and repair bills related to their vehicle's problem.
As of Aug. 27, BP had received more than 6,500 claims from consumers, the company said in a press release. Thirty percent of them came from Illinois residents. The bad fuel was also sold in Indiana and Wisconsin.
The fuel was transported from BP’s refinery in Whiting, Ind., to regional stations between Aug. 13-17. It was recalled Aug. 21.
"All gasoline now shipped from the BP Whiting Refinery and its network of storage terminals has been tested, meets BP’s rigorous quality standards and is authorized for sale," the company said in its Aug. 28 statement.