Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and you haven't gotten that special someone a gift yet. For starters, don't feel bad—you were probably maximizing your time to think about the perfect gift.
While tomorrow is the final deadline, you still have time to make that last-minute purchase. And to help, we're here to give you several gift ideas for him or her.
Grayslake Businesses Offering a Sweet—and Relaxing—Promotion
Marla K and Cynthia's Sweets joined forces to offer a special Valentine's Day promotion. The promotion includes a box of gourmet chocolate truffles and a gift certificate for deluxe spa services—an $85 value for just $60. The spa services include a deluxe spa manicure, pedicure and foot massage with exfoliating Krystal Kréme Scrub. The special promotion can be purchased at both Marla K and Cynthia's Sweets.
Marla K is located at 783 Barron Blvd. Contact the shop at (847) 223-6665. Cynthia's Sweets is located at 206 N. Barron Blvd. Contact Cynthia's at (847) 548-1798.
Here's a look at more gift ideas:
For her -
Perfume / Handbag - They know fashion and you don't. Relax, we got you covered.
- Marc Jacobs Rollerball Trio - Shower her with three different fragrances by Marc Jacobs. This set is a pretty hot trio right now and cost around $40. Bundle this with some candles, chocolate and a card and you're set. Sold at most department and makeup stores.
- Rebecca Minkoff purse - Want to get her a handbag but not sure which one to get? That's OK, because we have you covered. Rebecca Minkoff purses are a hot item right now, with the popular ones costing around $195.
- Expensive Cotton Sheets - My man instinct tells me women like this sort of thing. Plus, it's a unique gift she'll use every night.
Restaurants - Take her out to dinner at one of Grayslake's restaurants.
Jewelry / Boots - Show her how much you love her by spending some serious cash (we joke).
- Hunter Rain Boots - With spring around the corner, every girl wants a pair of these. Seriously, every single girl in America wants them, it's a fact I just made up. Think the Ugg Boots of spring. Expect to spend around $150 with tax. Sold at Nordstrom and similar retailers.
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow - Men, I know we're going into uncharted territory here. But this makeup set requires no knowledge of your girlfriend's skin tone or style. Just walk into any Ulta or Sephora and ask for the $50 'Naked' palette. Then walk out before anyone thinks you're buying makeup for yourself (we joke).
- Tiffany Key Necklace - It's a necklace in the shape of a key. You can purchase one with diamonds or one that's made of silver. Prices range from affordable to outrageous. You can find a Tiffany jewelry store at Westfield Old Orchard.
- Diamond Earnings - Almost every girl I know wants a pair of diamond earnings. This is a big boy purchase, so expect to drop at least $800.
For Him -
Video Games: Men like video games. We're here to tell you what's hot right now in the world of gaming.
- Far Cry 3 - A yuppie and his friends get mixed up with a bunch of pirates on an isolated island. This game has been praised by the gaming community for its originality and open world madness. It's sort of like Grand Theft Auto meets Call of Duty. Available on both the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.
- Mass Effect Trilogy Edition - This action sci-fi game is one of a kind. It is the first time that a game spanned over three different releases. The first game was released in 2007, followed by the second in 2010 and the third in 2012. This recently released edition has all three. Available on both the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.
- FIFA 2013 - Does your man like soccer? Does he play video games? Then you cannot go wrong with this purchase. Available on both the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.
Clothing: All men are created equal. Then they get dressed.
- Nike Air Max Running Shoes - These are the hottest running shoes out right now. They weigh next to nothing and some of the most hardcore runners swear by them. Any active guy would want a pair of these.
- Patagonia Sweater - North Face has been the trendy thing to wear over the last decade. And while we love their gear, Patagonia seems to be the next big thing. Check out their fleeces and sweaters online. They may seem pricey, but you can expect these things to last for the next 20 years.
- Swiss Army Watch - When you think about it, watches are really the only accessory men can wear. Swiss watches come in a variety of styles - from rugged to dress. You can also look at this purchase as an investment, as the price of Swiss movement is only going up. (Side note, for a watch to be classified as Swiss movement, it has to be made in, you guessed it, Switzerland.)
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet - Want to get a tablet for under $200? Then look no further than Google's Nexus 7 tablet. It crams 216 pixels per inch and has a no-slip texture on the back. It also sports Google's Jelly Bean operating system. Of all the tablets in this price range, this one is by far the best.
- Wireless Headphones - Is your guy really into movies or videogames? Then consider getting him a pair of wireless headphones. If he's into the latter, then consider scoring a pair of Turtle Beach headphones.
- Playstation 3 - Want a Blu Ray player, Netflix-ready device and ultimate gaming console all in one? Then get a Playstation 3. Even if your boyfriend doesn't play games, they'll still appreciate this excellent digital media device.
Do you have any gift ideas to share? Please post them below!