Glenbrook South High School
Glenbrook South High School offers many opportunities for its 2,600 students. More than 200 faculty members teach some 350 courses. Athletics and other extracurricular activities complement the academic curriculum. The school was originally built in 1962 and underwent several additions to keep up with enrollment and technology. Ninety-eight percent of the students continue on to college.
- Fax: 847-486-4462
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are elevators.
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of faculty: over 200
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students have collected food for the Northfield Food Pantry, clothing and items in need for a Haiti fund. They generally open their hearts and offer time and service to the community.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Twenty-four advanced placement courses including U.S. History, European History, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Calculus and Computer Science
- Extracurricular activities available: Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Horticulture Club, Engineering Club, French Club, German Club, Japanese Club, Juggling Club, Key Club, Pep Club, Polish Club, Project Earth, Sign Language
- Student clubs: More than 60 clubs and activities, some of which include Band, Debate, Titan Poms, Radio Club, Speech, Juggling, Choral and Yearbook
- Sports teams: Basketball, football, golf, cross country, lacrosse, swimming, tennis, wrestling, water polo