There is a church and a school at this location. The school is open to the public and is non-denominational. The school serves grades pre K-8. The school offers a progressive program, is part of the Progressive Educators Network. Uniforms are required here for students in the elementary school grade levels, but not preschool. The preschool follows the Creative Curriculum. Elementary grades follow an enhanced version of the local District 34 curriculum.
Glenview New Church School is surrounded by a quiet circular street next to a large park and pond. In addition to the academic curriculum, the school offers clubs and extracurricular activities that are run by parents and members of surrounding community.
- Fax: 847.724.3042
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking
- Founding Date: September 01, 1894
- Number of students: 52
- Male-to-female ratio: 49-51
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: New Church
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 6:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 15
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The children are encouraged to participate in community events and explore the community around them.
- What makes this community special?: Outdoor education. Service learning. Project-based learning. Strong parent-faculty collaboration. Academically progressive. Denominationally inclusive.
- Montessori: No
- Age range: Grades PreK-8
- Uniforms: Yes